Click here to print
This Privacy Notice describes how and why Selectamark Security Systems plc ("Selectamark") collects and uses your personal information.This notice covers individuals and organisations who register their Selectamark products in order to protect their assets, together withall users of the following Selectamark websites:
- www.bikeregsiter.com; and
(the "Websites"). This Privacy Notice forms part of the Websites' Terms and Conditions http://www.selectadna.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html. By completing the registration process or using the Websites, you accept the Terms and Conditions described and consent to our using your information accordingly.
What Information Does Selectamark Gather?
- 1.1 We collect personal information from visitors to the Websites through the use of on-line forms, when you create an account to make a purchase through the Websites or register your assets and every time you e-mail us your details or make an enquiry. You may visit the Websites without registering or creating an account, however, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the Websites to their fullest extent. For example, you will be unable to purchase products on the Websites or register your protective marking kit and/or your assets.
- 1.2 We collect several kinds of information, depending which Selectamark Website you visit. For example, we will ask you for personal information such as your name, address and email address so that you can register with www.secureassetregister.com or www.bikeregsiter.com to protect your assets. You may also choose to provide additional information such as details of the assets that you are protecting.
- 1.3 If you wish to create an account in order to make purchases from the Websites you must provide us with personal information, including credit/debit card information. We may also keep a record of the products you have purchased from the Websites.
- 1.4 Alternatively you may register a Selectamark kit or provide further information about your protected assets via the registration forms found in our asset marking kits or via our network of partner companies that sell our products throughout the world.
Use of Personal Information
- 2.1 We will use the information collected only for the following purposes:
- Process your order(s) and payment, send updates regarding the status of your order(s) and deliver the product(s) you have purchased from the Websites;
- register your unique asset marking kit(s) and details of any protected assets;
- deal with your inquiries and requests;
- send you newsletters and details of our products and services, offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested;
- provide, improve and personalise the content, design and layout of the Websites and our services;
- understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses on the Websites; and
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- 2.2 If you register or create an account on the Websites, we may use the personal information we collect from you to send you information about our products and services by email. You may choose not to receive information about our products and services when you register on the Websites or, at a later date, by sending us an email at email@example.com, by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any email we send or by adjusting your Customer Communication Preferences.
- 2.3 We have provided an administration service ('Your Account') where you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. If you do not have access to a computer you may contact us at the address below to request that your details be updated, corrected or deleted.
- 2.4 We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for analytics, marketing and strategic development purposes.
Does Selectamark share the Information it receives?
- 3.1 Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We will only disclose personal information we collect from you from the Websites:
- to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other authority;
- to successors in title to our business;
- to suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, for example to despatch and deliver the product(s) you have purchased from the Websites; or
- 3.2 Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
- 4.1 We will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is secure and not unlawfully processed. The Websites use industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including "firewalls" and Secure Socket Layers. Selectamark treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company.
- 5.2 We also use website analytics tools provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") and Roxr Software Ltd, trading as GetClicky ("GetClicky"). Google and GetClicky serve cookies through our Websites and collect aggregated data on an anonymised basis about visitors' use of the Websites. The data Google and GetClicky collect enables us to understand aggregated visitor activity across the Websites and how we may improve our website offering. This data is collected and used on an anonymised, aggregated basis only and does not enable any visitor to be personally identified.
- 5.4 Please note that if you do not set your browser to disable cookies, you will be indicating your consent to receive them. If you wish to find out more about cookies, you may like to visit allaboutcookies.org, an independent third party resource that explains what cookies and clear gifs are and how you may manage them. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, the content of this third party website.
- 6.1 The Websites are not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 18 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Your right to access your data and Questions
Changes to this notice